Sentagi Utami, Ph.D
Integrated Smart and Green Building (INSGREEB)
Jl. Grafika 2 Faculty of Engineering, Gadjah Mada University Yogyakarta, Indonesia, 55281
BiographyI am a senior lecturer in Faculty of Engineering, Gadjah Mada University. Since 2016, I have been a Head of Engineering Study Program, in Department of Nuclear Engineering and Engineering Physics UGM. I started my academic career in Acoustics when I took master degree in Physics (Brigham Young University, USA) and continued for a PhD in the University of Michigan in Architectural Acoustics. I am also an active member of ASA (the Acoustical Society of America) and AES (Audio Engineering Society). Coming back to my institution in 2011, I and my colleagues in our department initiated Insgreeb which focused on the integration of the building physics and acoustics with instrumentation as well as smart system installed within the building to create the high performance building and support occupants' comfort. I am known particularly for my expertise in Building Acoustics and Audio, and Green Building Science. Since 2013, I have successfully worked on several research grants on the level of national (annual grants i.e. PTUPT and Collaborative Research from Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education) and international (Australia-Indonesia Center and Collaborative Research Grants with University of Salford UK and Hiroshima University). I am focused on the acoustics measurement, sound level mapping, modeling and simulation, acoustics material and acoustics instrumentation applied for the building and its built environment. I am also interested in building model and simulation in various IEQ parameters i.e. lighting, thermal and air quality.
Please contact me via email for an appointment.
M.Eng: Instrumentation system for smart building, Instrumentation system for safety environment
B.Eng: Numerical Method, Acoustics, Building Physics, Environmental Acoustics, Illumination Engineering
Building Acoustics and Environmental Acoustics. Specialist areas: room acoustics measurement, modeling and simulation; noise mapping; soundscape; listening test; audio reproduction. Related areas: green building assessment; acoustics and thermal comfort; smart building implementation.
Current and Past Research Grants
- [2018 – 2020] Semi Immersive Virtual Auditory Reality (SIVAR) Sebagai Piranti dan Media Latih Adaptasi Pekerja di Lingkungan Kerja yang Bising
- [2017 – 2022] Formulating Comprehensive Lesson Learned from Several Past Projects Conducted by Parties Involved Building Integrated Photovoltaics (BIPV) for Nearly Zero-Energy Building (nZEB) of Colorado Boulder (USAID-CDSR SHERA)
-  Acoustics Prediction for National Standard in Residential Building (Hiroshima and Ministry of Public Works)
-  Study of Abfusor (Absorber-Difusor) to Noise Control Application and Optimalisation of Speech Privacy in Intensive Care Unit.
-  Build-Desain of Measurement Devices and Detailed Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) as a Developed Tools to Green Building in Indonesia.
- [2015 – 2016] Optimalisation of Energy System in Universitas Gadjah Mada to Support Yogyakarta as Smart Green City
-  Building & Environment Monitoring System for Commercial Building in Emerging Big Cities (the Australia-Indonesia Center)
-  Sound Mapping, Problem & Identification, and Recommendation of Acoustic Condition in Hospital
-  Characterization of Diffusivity Level and Speech Quality in Class Room and Auditorium.
-  Study of Acoustical Condition of Grha Sabha Pramana UGM.
- 2007 - 2010
- 2007 - 2011